TRAINER/ PERFORMANCE COACH INTERN (Paid Positions Available in Northern Virginia/ Maryland)
Our company specializes in improving sports performance for athletes of any age, sport, or skill level.
An internship at True Youth Sports will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on coaching with as many as 150 athletes per day. Each intern will have the chance to coach youth, high school and collegiate athletes, become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, and observe and assist a variety of athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff of performance coaches.
As a TYS intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our our weekly Staff In-Service, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. Internship participants will develop coaching, testing and program-design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the fitness industry.
Additionally, all interns are provided with Nike apparel, and will begin their internship experience with an all-staff seminar/mentorship hosted at our northern Virginia facility.
Expectations of all Applicants
- Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills
- Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Must be comfortable interacting with coaches, clients, parents, etc.
- Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
TYS internships are scheduled according to traditional academic semesters and summer vacation.
- Summer: May 27 – Aug. 17 (12 Positions)
- Semester 1: Fall – Winter (6 Positions)
- Semester 2: Winter – Spring (6 Positions)
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please fill out the form below.